Bomb hoax delays Indigo flight
Raipur: A bomb hoax on a Kolkata-Indore Indigo flight at Swami Vivekananda Airport at Mana here sent authorities into tizzy on Sunday.
The flight was delayed by about three hours after a passenger claimed that a bomb had been kept in the aircraft.
Airport Director Anil Kumar Rai told PTI that the Indore-bound Indigo flight from Kolkata landed at Raipur at around 8 AM as per the schedule.
After all the Raipur-bound passengers alighted, a man called Prabal Pratap Chouhan (27), who was going to Indore, told the crew that there was a bomb in a black-colour bag kept on the aircraft.
The pilot alerted the air traffic controller and the aircraft was evacuated immediately.
"Bomb squad and sniffer dog squad went aboard and examined the bag but nothing suspicious was found," said Rai.
The flight took off for Indore at around 11 AM. Chouhan who claimed that it was a prank was arrested by Mana police and produced before a local court, which granted him bail.
Chouhan told police that he was "joking".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends