Bomb hoax leads to panic in Chhattisgarh state capital
Raipur: Tension mounted in Chhattisgarh`s state capital here on Monday, after an object resembling "a bomb" was spotted in a residential area of the city, prompting the police to beef up security arrangements.
The suspected "bomb", however, was later found out to be an object containing wires, condenser and PVC pipes, a senior police officer said.
"An intense examination by Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) experts revealed that there were no explosives in the object which contained only electric wires, a condenser and six PVC pipes," Raipur Superintendent of Police (SP) O P Pal said.
Senior police personnel along with a BDS were rushed to the spot, after being informed that an "unclaimed bag" containing wires and pipe was spotted near a petrol pump adjacent to a private hospital under Saraswati Nagar police station limits, the SP said.
Later the BDS destroyed the object with the help of plastic explosives in the Urja Park area, Pal said.
Prima facie, it appeared that somebody wanted to play "mischief" in the area and create panic, the police official said.
A case has been registered in this connection, he said, adding the matter is being probed further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’