Botched eye surgery: Chhattisgarh acts against dru
Raipur: Taking a tough stance against suppliers of sub-standard medicines for botched-up eye surgery camps in the state since last year, the Chhattisgarh government Tuesday decided to file court cases against them.
Controller of the food and drug administration department Kamalpreet Singh issued the order for their prosecution, saying that a charge sheet against these suppliers would be filed in the court of chief judicial magistrate, Durg.
The Chhattisgarh government is facing severe criticism from the opposition Congress for failing to take stern action against doctors and drug suppliers of government eye camps held since January 2012 in Durg and Mahasamund districts that have left dozens of elderly poor people blinded.
Kamalpreet Singh said all the accused drug suppliers in the two districts have been black-listed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?