Botched eye surgery: Chhattisgarh acts against dru
Raipur: Taking a tough stance against suppliers of sub-standard medicines for botched-up eye surgery camps in the state since last year, the Chhattisgarh government Tuesday decided to file court cases against them.
Controller of the food and drug administration department Kamalpreet Singh issued the order for their prosecution, saying that a charge sheet against these suppliers would be filed in the court of chief judicial magistrate, Durg.
The Chhattisgarh government is facing severe criticism from the opposition Congress for failing to take stern action against doctors and drug suppliers of government eye camps held since January 2012 in Durg and Mahasamund districts that have left dozens of elderly poor people blinded.
Kamalpreet Singh said all the accused drug suppliers in the two districts have been black-listed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok