Botched eye surgery: Chhattisgarh acts against dru
Raipur: Taking a tough stance against suppliers of sub-standard medicines for botched-up eye surgery camps in the state since last year, the Chhattisgarh government Tuesday decided to file court cases against them.
Controller of the food and drug administration department Kamalpreet Singh issued the order for their prosecution, saying that a charge sheet against these suppliers would be filed in the court of chief judicial magistrate, Durg.
The Chhattisgarh government is facing severe criticism from the opposition Congress for failing to take stern action against doctors and drug suppliers of government eye camps held since January 2012 in Durg and Mahasamund districts that have left dozens of elderly poor people blinded.
Kamalpreet Singh said all the accused drug suppliers in the two districts have been black-listed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department