‘Bribe sought for transfer outside Naxal area’
Raipur: The wife of the police officer, who
was grievously injured in a land-mine blast in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh, has alleged that senior officers had demanded a bribe for a transfer outside despite her husband being on Naxal`s hit-list.
Additional Superintendent of Police, Darshan Singh
Maravi, was injured when Naxals blew up the vehicle he was
travelling by on Thursday near Polam Palli. Two policemen were
His wife, Radha Maravi, alleged yesterday that officials
at the police headquarters demanded bribe to transfer anyone
out of Naxal-affected areas.
Her husband, being an honest officer, had no money to
bribe, she told reporters outside the hospital here.
She said Naxals had attacked her husband thrice and he
had applied for a transfer but it was not entertained allegedly because he did not pay bribe.
Chhattisgarh Home Minister Nanki Ram Kanwar said the
allegations would be probed.
Talking to PTI/Bhasha, the minister said in fact he
himself had been constantly receiving complaints that senior
officers sought bribe for transfer outside Naxal-affected
areas and those who had "connections" enjoyed posting in
safer areas for years together.
However, state DGP, Anil M Navani, refuted Radha Maravi`s
allegations, stating that Darshan Singh was actually posted at
Borgaon Police Training School for the last six months and
not in the forested area.
Navani said since he took over seven months ago, he had
tried to rotate the officers regularly. But the allegations
would be probed, he assured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan