BSF trooper injured in IED blast in Chhattisgarh
New Delhi: A Border Security Force (BSF) trooper was injured when an improvised explosive device went off in Kanker district of Chhattisgarh on Tuesday.
An official release said that troops of the BSF`s 72 Battalion, while combing the Bhanupratappur-Pakhanjure Road area Tuesday morning, suspected the presence of some IEDs near Chindpal village.
The release said that an IED exploded during the search operations, injuring Constable Bal Singh in his right leg. He was taken to hospital where his condition is stated to be stable.
The bomb disposal squad of state police later searched the area and no more IEDs were found.
The incident comes days after the Maoists attacked a Congress convoy in the Bastar region of the state May 25, in which 28 people were killed.
Among those killed were state Congress chief Nand Kumar Patel, his son Dinesh, party leader Mahendra Karma and former legislator Uday Mudliyar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read