Bus escapes naxal triggered landmine blast in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A passenger bus escaped a landmine blast triggered by naxals in Maoist-hit Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh on Thursday, police said.
"The bus was heading towards Orchha from Narayanpur town. The low intensity blast occurred near Pungera village under Jhara police station limits of the district just a few meters away from the bus in afternoon hours," Narayanpur Superintendent of Police Amit Kamble told PTI over phone.
"No injuries or damage to the bus has been reported," he added.
Soon after getting news about it, a police team was rushed to the spot, he said.
A combing operation has been launched in areas near the blast to locate those behind it, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price