Bus escapes naxal triggered landmine blast in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A passenger bus escaped a landmine blast triggered by naxals in Maoist-hit Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh on Thursday, police said.
"The bus was heading towards Orchha from Narayanpur town. The low intensity blast occurred near Pungera village under Jhara police station limits of the district just a few meters away from the bus in afternoon hours," Narayanpur Superintendent of Police Amit Kamble told PTI over phone.
"No injuries or damage to the bus has been reported," he added.
Soon after getting news about it, a police team was rushed to the spot, he said.
A combing operation has been launched in areas near the blast to locate those behind it, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah