Bus escapes naxal triggered landmine blast in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A passenger bus escaped a landmine blast triggered by naxals in Maoist-hit Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh on Thursday, police said.
"The bus was heading towards Orchha from Narayanpur town. The low intensity blast occurred near Pungera village under Jhara police station limits of the district just a few meters away from the bus in afternoon hours," Narayanpur Superintendent of Police Amit Kamble told PTI over phone.
"No injuries or damage to the bus has been reported," he added.
Soon after getting news about it, a police team was rushed to the spot, he said.
A combing operation has been launched in areas near the blast to locate those behind it, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net
- US snubs Pakistan, says India's entry to nuclear club is not about arms
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely