CBI challenges acquittal of Ajit Jogi`s son in murder case
Raipur: CBI has filed appeal in the Bilaspur
High Court, challenging acquittal of Amit Jogi, the son of
former Chhattisgarh chief minister Ajit Jogi, in the Ramavatar
Jaggi murder case.
Jaggi, an NCP leader from the state, was shot dead at
Raipur in April 2004.
Police had chargesheeted Amit Jogi and 29 others, before
the case was handed over to CBI.
Jogi was arrested in 2005. But sessions judge BL Tidke,
in the ruling on May 31, 2007, acquitted Amit while sentencing
19 of the accused to life imprisonment. Five police officers
were sentenced to five years` jail term.
Already, the state government as well as Jaggi`s son,
Satish Jaggi, have filed appeals against the ruling.
According to CBI, Amit was the main accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'