CBI challenges acquittal of Ajit Jogi`s son in murder case
Raipur: CBI has filed appeal in the Bilaspur
High Court, challenging acquittal of Amit Jogi, the son of
former Chhattisgarh chief minister Ajit Jogi, in the Ramavatar
Jaggi murder case.
Jaggi, an NCP leader from the state, was shot dead at
Raipur in April 2004.
Police had chargesheeted Amit Jogi and 29 others, before
the case was handed over to CBI.
Jogi was arrested in 2005. But sessions judge BL Tidke,
in the ruling on May 31, 2007, acquitted Amit while sentencing
19 of the accused to life imprisonment. Five police officers
were sentenced to five years` jail term.
Already, the state government as well as Jaggi`s son,
Satish Jaggi, have filed appeals against the ruling.
According to CBI, Amit was the main accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH