Centre to follow C`garh model of `Porta Cabins`
Raipur: Impressed by the Chhattisgarh government`s use of `Porta Cabins` (pre-fabricated structures) for school infrastructure in naxal infested areas, the Centre has decided to follow the model in other states as well, an official said.
"Impressed with the use of Porta Cabins for school infrastructure in Naxal-dominated region of Bastar, the Centre has given approval to follow the model in other Maoist affected states," the official said today.
The central government has come up with a detailed plan under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan to provide funds for such schools in Naxal-affected districts. The states of Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, West Bengal and Bihar are set to benefit from this plan.
Chhattisgarh government has installed pre-fabricated structure for schools in all the districts of Bastar region. Pre-fabricated structure provides portability and saves time in terms of extending school education to the areas where Maoists have destroyed schools for the reason that they are used by para-military forces for anti-Naxal operations.
The central government initiative is a step in direction of bringing uniformity in efforts towards ensuring continuity of school education in naxal-affected regions.
"This decision comes as an acknowledgement by the central government about the committed efforts of the state government towards provision of school education in naxal affected areas by successful implementation of noble methods like running schools in Porta Cabin, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley