C`garh: CBI to probe IPS officer`s death
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh government Wednesday
ordered a CBI probe into the death of IPS officer Rahul Sharma, who allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service revolver on Monday.
An announcement in this regard was made by Chief Minister
Raman Singh in the state Assembly today.
"It seems to be a case of suicide from whatever
information has been gathered till now. A thorough
investigation is needed to find out the reason and context of
the incident. Keeping this in mind, we have ordered a CBI
probe," Singh said.
Opposition members in the state had been seeking a CBI
investigation into the case.
Sharma`s family had also asked for a probe by the Central
agency, with the slain officer`s wife and IRTS officer
Jaishree Sharma alleging that her husband "was a victim of the
The 2002-batch IPS officer who was Superintendent of
Police at Bilaspur, shot himself on March 12 in the head
inside the toilet of Police Officer`s Mess, where he was
Police found a suicide note from the 37-year-old Sharma`s
room, which has revealed that he suffered mental agony because
of the high handedness of his senior officer and a high court
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test