C`garh CM`s relatives among 22 killed in road mishaps in MP
Bhopal: A total of 22 persons, including three relatives of Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Dr Raman Singh, were killed in three road accidents in Madhya Pradesh, police said on Wednesday.
In the first accident that took place under the Ramnagar police station limits in Satna district, six persons were killed and two injured in a collision between a truck and a car.
Police said relatives of Raman Singh were going late last night from Rewa to their village in Shahdol district when their car was hit by fast moving truck.
The six persons who died in the mishap included Jyoti Singh, the wife of Chief Minister`s brother in-law Kumrendra Singh, her daughter and another relative.
In another accident near Datia late last night, 14 labourers were killed and 24 others injured when the mini-truck in which they were travelling overturned.
Besides, a truck going from Nagpur to Fatehpur in Uttar Pradesh turned turtle in the state`s Panna district, resulting in the death of two persons, identified as Santosh Patel and Santosh Chhotu, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij