C`garh coal mine blast toll rises to ten
Korba (Chhattisgarh): The body of yet
another worker who went missing after a mine blast at the
South Eastern Coalfield Limited (SECL) here was found today,
taking the death toll to ten, officials said.
"The rescue team recovered the body of S B R Raju, the
fourth of six employees who went missing after the mine blast.
This has taken the death toll to ten," SECL Chairman and
Managing Director M P Dixit said here.
- Raju`s body could not be brought out of the mine as
the temperature inside began to rise, Dixit said.
Two more workers are still suspected to be trapped in
SECL deputy general manager (Operations) S K Goswami
and his colleagues Nirmal Jangde and Radheshyam were killed
and 32 others injured following an air blast at the coal mine
at Anjani Hills in Chirmiri area on May 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Skoda Octavia vRS to make its way to India very soon?
- PNB profit more than halves to Rs 306 crore in Q1
- Chennai-bound Oman Air flight makes emergency landing in Goa
- 'Baar Baar Dekho': Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma' breaks all records, rejoices 4.3 million views in 1 day!
- Govt hopes new civil aviation policy will encourage regional connectivity