C`garh coal mine blast toll rises to ten
Korba (Chhattisgarh): The body of yet
another worker who went missing after a mine blast at the
South Eastern Coalfield Limited (SECL) here was found today,
taking the death toll to ten, officials said.
"The rescue team recovered the body of S B R Raju, the
fourth of six employees who went missing after the mine blast.
This has taken the death toll to ten," SECL Chairman and
Managing Director M P Dixit said here.
- Raju`s body could not be brought out of the mine as
the temperature inside began to rise, Dixit said.
Two more workers are still suspected to be trapped in
SECL deputy general manager (Operations) S K Goswami
and his colleagues Nirmal Jangde and Radheshyam were killed
and 32 others injured following an air blast at the coal mine
at Anjani Hills in Chirmiri area on May 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway