C`garh collected Rs 340 cr through mining leases in 3 yrs: CM
Raipur: Chhattisgarh government has grossed a revenue of over Rs 340 crore by way of royalty through coal mining leases in the last three years, Chief Minister Raman Singh told the Assembly on Tuesday.
"Seven companies were issued mining leases in Sarguja, Korba and Raigarh districts and the state mining department received Rs 342.27 as royalty through them since 2010," he said.
In Sarguja, Rajasthan State Power Generation Corporation Ltd has been issued lease for Parsa (East) and Kantebasan coal blocks spread over the area of around 2388.52 hectares, while Prakash Industries Ltd has been leased Chotiya I and II coal blocks (1179.82 ha) in Korba district.
In Raigarh, Jindal Steel and Power Ltd were given lease for Gorepelma IV/1 (705.55 ha), Jindal Power Ltd, Gorepelma IV/2 &IV/3 (964.65ha), Monnet Ispat and Energy Ltd Gorepelma IV/5 (830ha), Sarda energy and Mineral Ltd Gorepelma IV/7 (335.73) and Jaiswal Neco Industries Ltd Gorepelma IV/4 (884.84 ha).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Pakistan directly involved in proxy war in Kashmir: Lt. Gen Hooda
- Beijing urged to accept South China Sea ruling
- Centre will not harm Odisha's interests: Uma Bharti
- Telangana Congress leaders stopped from heading to Mallanna project
- WATCH: When The Great Khali beat 19 opponents to win World Heavyweight title