C`garh conducting intelligence ops against Maoists
Raipur: Chhattisgarh is now focusing on intelligence-based operations against Maoists in their forested strongholds, state Director General of Police (DGP) Anil Navaney said on Thursday.
"Chhattisgarh is very cautious against Maoists who have not managed to carry out major attacks in recent months, but we are maintaining the heat on them in forested areas by conducting intelligence-based operations," Navaney told reporters.
The state witnessed a series of deadly Maoist attacks in the post 2005 period till mid-2011.
But it is getting good success against Maoists through joint operations with neighbouring states like Odisha, Andhra Pradesh and Jharkhand.
Navaney, who was appointed Chhattisgarh DGP in July last year, said he was striving to improve the intelligence set-up by adopting high-tech resources.
The police chief refused to comment on alleged payment of "protection money" to Maoists by Essar Steel in Dantewada district. "A Special Investigation Team (SIT) is probing the case and it would be premature to comment till the probe is completed," Navaney said.
Chhattisgarh Police have arrested four people since September last year, including a general manager rank official of Essar Steel, for the alleged payment of protection money to Maoists in Dantewada but the official, DVCS Verma, was granted bail by a local court Wednesday against two sureties of Rs 2 lakh each. A local contractor, BK Lala, and two alleged Maoist conduits, Soni Sori and Lingaram Kodopi, are still in jail on judicial remand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India