C`garh demands international flights from Raipur
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh government has demanded that the Centre accord international status to Raipur airport and operate international flights from here.
"The state government has requested the Centre to accord international status to the airport here as it has facilities, which are at par with international standards," an official was quoted saying in a press note.
The release also said that about 200 acres of land was being provided to the Airport Authority of India (AAI) for extension of the Swami Vivekananda Airport here, so that 400-seater Boeings can also be operated, the release said.
The government has formulated a working plan for step-wise development of airstrips at Jagdalpur, Korba, Bilaspur, Raigarh, Bhilai and Jashpur where Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has not given permission to start aviation services due to lack of infrastructure, it said.
The state, in collaboration with AAI and the Army, is developing a `III-C` airport at Chakarbhata in Bialspur district for the operation of 70-80-seater flights in the first phase, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad