C’garh: Four Naxals, one cop killed in encounter
Raipur: Four Naxals were killed on Wednesday in a
fierce exchange of fire with the security forces in Narayanpur
district of Chhattisgarh, leaving one policeman also dead in
the face-off, police said.
On a tip off, a police squad was sent to Tirkanar forest
area under Dhaudai police station for an operation. When the
team reached the forest area, ultras opened indiscriminate
firing killing Havaldar Brujesh Singh on the spot. Four naxals
were also killed in retaliatory fire, Narayanpur district
Superintendent of Police, Mayank Srivastav said.
Three 12-bore pistols, explosives and some other material
were also recovered from the spot, Srivastav said.
The bodies of the naxals have been recovered and rural
police have been called in to identify the deceased, he said.
Following the incident, security in the area has been
beefed up and police have also launched a search to catch any
more naxalites hiding in the area, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head