C’garh: Four Naxals, one cop killed in encounter
Raipur: Four Naxals were killed on Wednesday in a
fierce exchange of fire with the security forces in Narayanpur
district of Chhattisgarh, leaving one policeman also dead in
the face-off, police said.
On a tip off, a police squad was sent to Tirkanar forest
area under Dhaudai police station for an operation. When the
team reached the forest area, ultras opened indiscriminate
firing killing Havaldar Brujesh Singh on the spot. Four naxals
were also killed in retaliatory fire, Narayanpur district
Superintendent of Police, Mayank Srivastav said.
Three 12-bore pistols, explosives and some other material
were also recovered from the spot, Srivastav said.
The bodies of the naxals have been recovered and rural
police have been called in to identify the deceased, he said.
Following the incident, security in the area has been
beefed up and police have also launched a search to catch any
more naxalites hiding in the area, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!