C’garh: Four Naxals, one cop killed in encounter
Raipur: Four Naxals were killed on Wednesday in a
fierce exchange of fire with the security forces in Narayanpur
district of Chhattisgarh, leaving one policeman also dead in
the face-off, police said.
On a tip off, a police squad was sent to Tirkanar forest
area under Dhaudai police station for an operation. When the
team reached the forest area, ultras opened indiscriminate
firing killing Havaldar Brujesh Singh on the spot. Four naxals
were also killed in retaliatory fire, Narayanpur district
Superintendent of Police, Mayank Srivastav said.
Three 12-bore pistols, explosives and some other material
were also recovered from the spot, Srivastav said.
The bodies of the naxals have been recovered and rural
police have been called in to identify the deceased, he said.
Following the incident, security in the area has been
beefed up and police have also launched a search to catch any
more naxalites hiding in the area, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'