C’garh: Four Naxals, one cop killed in encounter
Raipur: Four Naxals were killed on Wednesday in a
fierce exchange of fire with the security forces in Narayanpur
district of Chhattisgarh, leaving one policeman also dead in
the face-off, police said.
On a tip off, a police squad was sent to Tirkanar forest
area under Dhaudai police station for an operation. When the
team reached the forest area, ultras opened indiscriminate
firing killing Havaldar Brujesh Singh on the spot. Four naxals
were also killed in retaliatory fire, Narayanpur district
Superintendent of Police, Mayank Srivastav said.
Three 12-bore pistols, explosives and some other material
were also recovered from the spot, Srivastav said.
The bodies of the naxals have been recovered and rural
police have been called in to identify the deceased, he said.
Following the incident, security in the area has been
beefed up and police have also launched a search to catch any
more naxalites hiding in the area, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM