C`garh gets its first rural call centre in Kanker
Raipur: The Chhatisgarh government has commenced its first rural call centre in the tribal-dominated Kanker district, aiming to provide employment to youths from the remote areas of the insurgency-hit zone.
The call centre, established at district headquarters of Kanker last week and located around 150 kms from the state capital, will also provide skill-based training to educated youths of tribal areas.
This is the first rural multi-national Business Process Outsourcing call centre of the state that will provide more employment opportunities to the educated youngsters belonging to rural areas, the officials said here Wednesday.
Forty youths have already started working at the newly-inaugurated BPO call centre.
The call centre will work on the lines of customer care centres of reputed companies, the officials said, adding that for this purpose, Zila Panchayat, Kanker has signed a contract with Rural Source Bangalore for seven years.
The call centre will provide information related to various companies like banks, telecoms, customer care, etc on telephone. It will operate on both voice and non-voice system.
Other companies will also be able to hire services of the call centre for publicising their schemes, they said.
Around 200 unemployed educated youths from rural areas of the district will be provided skill-based training at the call centre where youths from the naxal affected families will be given special preference, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy