C`garh Governor, CM greet people on Ghasidas Jayanti
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Governor Shekhar Dutt and Chief Minister Raman Singh on Tuesday greeted the people of the state on the occasion of Guru Ghasidas Jayanti.
In his message, the Governor said the preachings of Guru Ghasidas enlightened the depressed and disheartened people with a spell of confidence, faith and meaningful life and are doing the same today also.
His preachings strengthened the bond of harmony, brotherhood and amity, Dutt said.
Congratulating the people on the occasion, the Chief Minister said Guru Ghasidas had taught the lesson of truth, non-violence, peace and kindness to the world. He encouraged the people to follow the path of truth and oneness.
Following his preachings and values, the state government is also committed to the social and economic development of the down-trodden, Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH