C`garh govt misleading Centre on anti-Maoist operation`
New Delhi: Joining his party Congress in attacking the Chhattisgarh government for its role in the alleged fake anti-Naxal operation in the state, Tribal Affairs Minister V Kishore Chandra Deo charged the state administration with misleading the Centre.
"What I gather is that the state government is misleading the Centre over this episode. We are still trying to get to the truth," Deo said.
He also said the PCC in Chhattisgarh has submitted its report stating that six innocent tribals were killed during the anti-Naxal operation by CRPF troops in the state last week.
"State Congress had constituted a committee to look into the matter and they too have confirmed that six innocent tribals were killed during the incident," Deo said.
A controversy has erupted over the killing of 19 persons in anti-Maoist operations by security forces in Chhattisgarh amid questions whether or not the victims were all Naxals.
On whether he will talk to Home Minister P Chidambaram over the issue, Deo said "once I get the full report, I will talk to him."
Deo had yesterday also pointed out Chhattisgarh`s "notorious" record in conducting anti-Naxal operations. "Salva Judum was one of such notorious movements by Chhattisgarh government which I had opposed as a Member of Parliament," he had said.
Earlier today, Chidambaram said CRPF`s role in the encounter was "transparent" and "upfront".
On conducting an inquiry into the matter, he said it is up to the state government to take a call on whether or not it has to initiate any such probe.
Chidambaram also said that most of the persons killed in the encounter were adults with the youngest being 15-year-old and "at least three of them have been identified as having a criminal record".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal