C`garh govt to allot 450 acres of land to Army
Raipur: Chhattisgarh government on Saturday said
it has agreed in principle to allot 450 acres of land to the
Army at New Raipur.
Speaking to reporters after meeting Army Chief VK
Singh, Chief Minister Raman Singh said that the Army had
sought 450 acres of land at New Raipur for training purposes
and the state has agreed in principle to allot the land.
He said the Army has also sought land at Chakarbhatha
and Saraipali and the state would make available the required
However, he clarified that the Army is not seeking base
for anti-Naxal operations but only for training purposes.
Meanwhile, senior officials said General Singh has
promised assistance to the civilian administration for dealing
with the Naxal issue.
The Army chief also stressed on the need to tighten
security along the borders of Naxal-affected states to put
more pressure on ultras from all sides.
General Singh was here to review the Army`s training
programme near Kondagaon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani