C`garh medical college student commits suicide
Bilaspur: A medical student here allegedly
committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan,
police said on Sunday.
Markand Pandey, a third year student of the Chhattisgarh
Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS), hanged himself
yesterday from the ceiling fan in his rented room in Kapargung
area near the institute, they said.
Pandey, who hails from Patna, was residing here for the
last two years. Police are questioning his friends staying
near his house.
No suicide note was found in his room, the police said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem and Pandey`s
parents have been informed about the incident.
This is the second case of suicide by a student of the
government-run CIMS in a fortnight. On January 12, another
CIMS student, Aditi, had hanged herself in the hostel.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'