C`garh medical college student commits suicide
Bilaspur: A medical student here allegedly
committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan,
police said on Sunday.
Markand Pandey, a third year student of the Chhattisgarh
Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS), hanged himself
yesterday from the ceiling fan in his rented room in Kapargung
area near the institute, they said.
Pandey, who hails from Patna, was residing here for the
last two years. Police are questioning his friends staying
near his house.
No suicide note was found in his room, the police said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem and Pandey`s
parents have been informed about the incident.
This is the second case of suicide by a student of the
government-run CIMS in a fortnight. On January 12, another
CIMS student, Aditi, had hanged herself in the hostel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read