C’garh minister prays for release of Alex Paul Menon
Rameswaram: Chattisgarh Minister Brijmohan Agarwal Monday visited the famous Lord Ramanathaswamy temple here and invoked the blessings of the main deities, seeking the safe release of abducted Sukma District Collector Alex Paul Menon.
The minister, who arrived at the temple with his family members, participated in special poojas and abishekams, seeking the safe release of the Collector, abducted by Maoists recently.
Later speaking to reporters, he said medicines had been sent to the Collector to deal with his asthma condition.
"The Collector is now safe...Maoists have put forth some demands and negotiations are on", he said.
He also visited Dhanushkodi and Ramar palam and performed special poojas at temples there.
Menon was abducted on April 21 from Majhipara village in Raipur district when he was holding a meeting as part of the government`s Special Gram Suraj Abhiyan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray