C’garh minister prays for release of Alex Paul Menon
Rameswaram: Chattisgarh Minister Brijmohan Agarwal Monday visited the famous Lord Ramanathaswamy temple here and invoked the blessings of the main deities, seeking the safe release of abducted Sukma District Collector Alex Paul Menon.
The minister, who arrived at the temple with his family members, participated in special poojas and abishekams, seeking the safe release of the Collector, abducted by Maoists recently.
Later speaking to reporters, he said medicines had been sent to the Collector to deal with his asthma condition.
"The Collector is now safe...Maoists have put forth some demands and negotiations are on", he said.
He also visited Dhanushkodi and Ramar palam and performed special poojas at temples there.
Menon was abducted on April 21 from Majhipara village in Raipur district when he was holding a meeting as part of the government`s Special Gram Suraj Abhiyan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH