C’garh minister prays for release of Alex Paul Menon
Rameswaram: Chattisgarh Minister Brijmohan Agarwal Monday visited the famous Lord Ramanathaswamy temple here and invoked the blessings of the main deities, seeking the safe release of abducted Sukma District Collector Alex Paul Menon.
The minister, who arrived at the temple with his family members, participated in special poojas and abishekams, seeking the safe release of the Collector, abducted by Maoists recently.
Later speaking to reporters, he said medicines had been sent to the Collector to deal with his asthma condition.
"The Collector is now safe...Maoists have put forth some demands and negotiations are on", he said.
He also visited Dhanushkodi and Ramar palam and performed special poojas at temples there.
Menon was abducted on April 21 from Majhipara village in Raipur district when he was holding a meeting as part of the government`s Special Gram Suraj Abhiyan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY