C’garh minister prays for release of Alex Paul Menon
Rameswaram: Chattisgarh Minister Brijmohan Agarwal Monday visited the famous Lord Ramanathaswamy temple here and invoked the blessings of the main deities, seeking the safe release of abducted Sukma District Collector Alex Paul Menon.
The minister, who arrived at the temple with his family members, participated in special poojas and abishekams, seeking the safe release of the Collector, abducted by Maoists recently.
Later speaking to reporters, he said medicines had been sent to the Collector to deal with his asthma condition.
"The Collector is now safe...Maoists have put forth some demands and negotiations are on", he said.
He also visited Dhanushkodi and Ramar palam and performed special poojas at temples there.
Menon was abducted on April 21 from Majhipara village in Raipur district when he was holding a meeting as part of the government`s Special Gram Suraj Abhiyan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video