C’garh: Naxals blow anti-mine vehicle; 1 CRPF personnel killed
Raipur: Maoists on Monday blew off a Mine Protected Vehicle (MPV) killing a CRPF personnel and injured few others in the naxal hotbed of Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh.
The blast that injured about four CRPF and one state police personnel occurred when a 80-personnel strong contingent of security forces were out on patrol at a place under Aranpur police station of the district .
A helicopter was immediately pressed into service to evacuate the injured troopers and they were later brought to Dantewada.
The mine protected vehicle was totally damaged in the explosion which is suspected to have been carried out by triggering an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) kept under the road on which the vehicle rolled over, a senior official said.
Initial reports said that two injured troopers are in critical condition.
Senior security officials along with reinforcements have rushed to the area, the official said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5