C`garh owner of car ferrying explosives traced
Raipur: Two days after Chhattisgarh Police seized bags filled with ammonium nitrate and detonator sticks from an abandoned car in Bilaspur district, the authorities have failed to make any arrests though they have traced the car owner, officials said on Saturday.
A police patrol team had seized the ammonium nitrate, used in manufacturing explosives, and detonator sticks from a car abandoned at Masturi area of Bilaspur district, some 150 km from state capital Raipur.
"We have several leads now and also traced the car owner, but no arrest has been made," an official at the police headquarters here told a news agency. He declined to be named.
He added: "It`s completely unclear in investigation so far how the explosive bundles were stuffed in the car and where it was heading. Hope the case is cracked in three-four days."
The seizure of the explosive substances came two days after the serial blasts in Mumbai that killed 19 people and left 129 injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference