C`garh owner of car ferrying explosives traced
Raipur: Two days after Chhattisgarh Police seized bags filled with ammonium nitrate and detonator sticks from an abandoned car in Bilaspur district, the authorities have failed to make any arrests though they have traced the car owner, officials said on Saturday.
A police patrol team had seized the ammonium nitrate, used in manufacturing explosives, and detonator sticks from a car abandoned at Masturi area of Bilaspur district, some 150 km from state capital Raipur.
"We have several leads now and also traced the car owner, but no arrest has been made," an official at the police headquarters here told a news agency. He declined to be named.
He added: "It`s completely unclear in investigation so far how the explosive bundles were stuffed in the car and where it was heading. Hope the case is cracked in three-four days."
The seizure of the explosive substances came two days after the serial blasts in Mumbai that killed 19 people and left 129 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal
- French Open 2016: Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic roll on, symmetry for Williams sisters
- Premier League: Jose Mourinho all set to take control at Manchester United