C`garh owner of car ferrying explosives traced
Raipur: Two days after Chhattisgarh Police seized bags filled with ammonium nitrate and detonator sticks from an abandoned car in Bilaspur district, the authorities have failed to make any arrests though they have traced the car owner, officials said on Saturday.
A police patrol team had seized the ammonium nitrate, used in manufacturing explosives, and detonator sticks from a car abandoned at Masturi area of Bilaspur district, some 150 km from state capital Raipur.
"We have several leads now and also traced the car owner, but no arrest has been made," an official at the police headquarters here told a news agency. He declined to be named.
He added: "It`s completely unclear in investigation so far how the explosive bundles were stuffed in the car and where it was heading. Hope the case is cracked in three-four days."
The seizure of the explosive substances came two days after the serial blasts in Mumbai that killed 19 people and left 129 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter