C`garh owner of car ferrying explosives traced
Raipur: Two days after Chhattisgarh Police seized bags filled with ammonium nitrate and detonator sticks from an abandoned car in Bilaspur district, the authorities have failed to make any arrests though they have traced the car owner, officials said on Saturday.
A police patrol team had seized the ammonium nitrate, used in manufacturing explosives, and detonator sticks from a car abandoned at Masturi area of Bilaspur district, some 150 km from state capital Raipur.
"We have several leads now and also traced the car owner, but no arrest has been made," an official at the police headquarters here told a news agency. He declined to be named.
He added: "It`s completely unclear in investigation so far how the explosive bundles were stuffed in the car and where it was heading. Hope the case is cracked in three-four days."
The seizure of the explosive substances came two days after the serial blasts in Mumbai that killed 19 people and left 129 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what