C`garh owner of car ferrying explosives traced
Raipur: Two days after Chhattisgarh Police seized bags filled with ammonium nitrate and detonator sticks from an abandoned car in Bilaspur district, the authorities have failed to make any arrests though they have traced the car owner, officials said on Saturday.
A police patrol team had seized the ammonium nitrate, used in manufacturing explosives, and detonator sticks from a car abandoned at Masturi area of Bilaspur district, some 150 km from state capital Raipur.
"We have several leads now and also traced the car owner, but no arrest has been made," an official at the police headquarters here told a news agency. He declined to be named.
He added: "It`s completely unclear in investigation so far how the explosive bundles were stuffed in the car and where it was heading. Hope the case is cracked in three-four days."
The seizure of the explosive substances came two days after the serial blasts in Mumbai that killed 19 people and left 129 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights