C`garh Power incurs Rs 1,550 cr loss: CAG
Raipur: The Comptroller and Auditor General report tabled in the Chhattisgarh Assembly has pointed out that State Power Generation Company made a "potential loss" of Rs 1,549 crore due to amendment made in the tender document over payment of coal mining fee to a joint venture company.
Chief Minister Raman Singh tabled the CAG report in the House today.
The report stated that the Ministry of Coal had allotted Parsa coal block at Ambikapur in August 2006 to the erstwhile Chhattisgarh Electricity Board, now known as Chhattisagrh State Power Generation Ltd, for captive use for its Marwa thermal power project.
CSEB decided to explore the Parsa block through a joint venture company and invited tenders to develop, mine and transport the coal from Parsa to the project site.
The joint venture was to be formed between CSEB and the bidder who would offer maximum discount on the notified price for `F` grade (inferior and cheaper grade) coal in Parsa.
Adani Enterprises Limited, was selected as the JV partner as it offered highest discount.
At the same time, AEL sought that, if after exploration, the quality of coal was found to be of better quality than the `F` grade coal, the payment of fee would be as per the price notified for superior quality of coal.
The coal mining fee for superior quality of coal is more than lower quality of coal.
According to CAG report, CSEB was already aware that the grade of the coal available in Parsa block was of superior quality but it agreed to provide coal fee on the same discounted price bided for low quality of coal and amended the tender to give effect to this change.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark