C`garh: Rs 50 mn assets seized from govt employee
Raipur: A Chhattisgarh government employee has amassed Rs 50 million assets disproportionate to his known sources of income, an official said on Thursday.
Superintending Engineer JP Agarwal was posted at Korba town, some 225 km from here, in the irrigation department, said DM Awasthi, additional director general of the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB).
The ACB raided several locations in Korba throughout Wednesday and seized Agarwal`s several investment-related documents, besides Rs 2 lakh in cash.
Agarwal has at least four bungalows in prime locations of Korba and each of the bungalows is priced at Rs 10 million. He has plots here and in other areas too, Awasthi said.
The ACB would register a case after completion of the investigations, a source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...