C`garh: Rs 50 mn assets seized from govt employee
Raipur: A Chhattisgarh government employee has amassed Rs 50 million assets disproportionate to his known sources of income, an official said on Thursday.
Superintending Engineer JP Agarwal was posted at Korba town, some 225 km from here, in the irrigation department, said DM Awasthi, additional director general of the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB).
The ACB raided several locations in Korba throughout Wednesday and seized Agarwal`s several investment-related documents, besides Rs 2 lakh in cash.
Agarwal has at least four bungalows in prime locations of Korba and each of the bungalows is priced at Rs 10 million. He has plots here and in other areas too, Awasthi said.
The ACB would register a case after completion of the investigations, a source said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'