C`garh Sampark Kranti Express coach derails; passengers safe
Bilaspur: Passengers of Durg-bound Chhattisgarh Sampark Kranti Express escaped unhurt as one of its coaches derailed at Bilaspur railway station Wednesday, a top railway officer said.
"The SLR coach of Durg-bound Chhattisgarh Sampark Kranti express derailed near yard at Bilaspur station while the other coach next to SLR was tilted towards the derailed bogie but did not go off the track", Divisional Railway Manager L C Trivedi said, adding, no one was injured in the mishap.
He said a cattle was run over by the train between Uslapur and Ghutku station damaging the SLR bogie, which might be the cause behind the derailment.
"However, the exact cause of the mishap will be known only after the investigation is over", Trivedi said, adding, a five-member committee has been constituted to probe into the incident and file report.
The train was cleared for its destination after a railway team carried out repair works at the site for three hours.
Meanwhile, rail traffic on the route is normal and trains are running on time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29