C`garh Sampark Kranti Express coach derails; passengers safe
Bilaspur: Passengers of Durg-bound Chhattisgarh Sampark Kranti Express escaped unhurt as one of its coaches derailed at Bilaspur railway station Wednesday, a top railway officer said.
"The SLR coach of Durg-bound Chhattisgarh Sampark Kranti express derailed near yard at Bilaspur station while the other coach next to SLR was tilted towards the derailed bogie but did not go off the track", Divisional Railway Manager L C Trivedi said, adding, no one was injured in the mishap.
He said a cattle was run over by the train between Uslapur and Ghutku station damaging the SLR bogie, which might be the cause behind the derailment.
"However, the exact cause of the mishap will be known only after the investigation is over", Trivedi said, adding, a five-member committee has been constituted to probe into the incident and file report.
The train was cleared for its destination after a railway team carried out repair works at the site for three hours.
Meanwhile, rail traffic on the route is normal and trains are running on time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender