C’garh: STF jawan killed in Naxal encounter
Raipur: A Special Task Force jawan was Thursday
killed in an exchange of fire with Maoists in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh.
Police suspect that at least five guerrilla cadres were
also killed in the encounter that took place near Gandharpada
village early this morning, Sukma district superintendent of
police Abhishek Shandilya said.
He said trooper Aadesh Pal was hit in the chest when
Naxals opened fire on the STF team after they were cornered in
Gandharpada forest area.
The firing continued for four hours after which the Maoists fled the spot, he said.
The SP further said that police found heavy blood stains
at five places in vicinity of the encounter site which made
them believe that at least five Naxlas might have been killed
in the exchange of fire. Police, however, have not recovered
any body of ultras from the spot.
The SP said additional police force has been sent to the
area and combing operation is on to trace the Naxals.
"The body of the STF jawan is being taken to Sukma," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!
- 7th Pay Commission: 23.5% hike in salaries, minimum pay increased to Rs 18,000 per month; arrears to be paid this year
- These MPs may become ministers if PM Modi goes in for Cabinet reshuffle - List Inside
- SHOCKING VIDEO of Pampore attack surfaces online; terrorists can be heard firing indiscriminately - WATCH