C’garh: STF jawan killed in Naxal encounter
Raipur: A Special Task Force jawan was Thursday
killed in an exchange of fire with Maoists in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh.
Police suspect that at least five guerrilla cadres were
also killed in the encounter that took place near Gandharpada
village early this morning, Sukma district superintendent of
police Abhishek Shandilya said.
He said trooper Aadesh Pal was hit in the chest when
Naxals opened fire on the STF team after they were cornered in
Gandharpada forest area.
The firing continued for four hours after which the Maoists fled the spot, he said.
The SP further said that police found heavy blood stains
at five places in vicinity of the encounter site which made
them believe that at least five Naxlas might have been killed
in the exchange of fire. Police, however, have not recovered
any body of ultras from the spot.
The SP said additional police force has been sent to the
area and combing operation is on to trace the Naxals.
"The body of the STF jawan is being taken to Sukma," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!