C’garh: STF jawan killed in Naxal encounter
Raipur: A Special Task Force jawan was Thursday
killed in an exchange of fire with Maoists in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh.
Police suspect that at least five guerrilla cadres were
also killed in the encounter that took place near Gandharpada
village early this morning, Sukma district superintendent of
police Abhishek Shandilya said.
He said trooper Aadesh Pal was hit in the chest when
Naxals opened fire on the STF team after they were cornered in
Gandharpada forest area.
The firing continued for four hours after which the Maoists fled the spot, he said.
The SP further said that police found heavy blood stains
at five places in vicinity of the encounter site which made
them believe that at least five Naxlas might have been killed
in the exchange of fire. Police, however, have not recovered
any body of ultras from the spot.
The SP said additional police force has been sent to the
area and combing operation is on to trace the Naxals.
"The body of the STF jawan is being taken to Sukma," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren