Charudutta suicide: Mumbai Police interrogates Tata Steel officers
Jamshedpur: A six-member Mumbai Police team has interrogated five officials of Tata Steel in connection with the alleged suicide of the company`s former Chief of Corporate Communication, Charudutta Deshpande.
"We have grilled five officials and verified some documents related to the case," Deputy Superintendent of Police Deepak Devraj said.
To a query that the investigation team had achieved a specific clue in regard to Deshpande`s suicide, Devraj said interrogation was on and would continue even today.
"We are trying to match the recorded statements of the officials and employees. Interrogation is on," he said.
The team members yesterday entered the Corporate Communication department of Tata Steel here at 10.30 AM and left at around midnight.
The interrogation began on Monday and the investigating team questioned several officials of Corporate Communication department from Jamshedpur, Odisha and Kolkata.
They had even questioned Vice-President rank officials for hours on Tuesday.
Earlier, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil had ordered Mumbai Crime Branch chief Himanshu Roy to probe the alleged suicide of Deshpande following which the team has begun a parallel investigation into the case.
57-year-old Deshpande, was found hanging at his Vasai home on June 28. No suicide note was found. His friends and former colleagues alleged that he had been harassed.
A case had been registered at Vasai police station.
There were allegations that Deshpande killed himself following harassment by the employees of Tata Steel, where he had worked.
A departmental inquiry has been ordered by Tata Group chairman Cyrus Mistry into the circumstances leading to Deshpande`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared