Ch’garh probe into teenager`s shootout killing
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh government on Tuesday ordered a judicial probe into the alleged staged shootout killing of a teenaged girl by policemen in July.
Meena Khalko, a tribal branded as a Maoist, was killed on July 6 allegedly by several policemen in Surguja district under the jurisdiction of Chando police station.
"The single-member judicial commission will probe the killing and will submit the report within three months to the state government," a statement of the Chhattisgarh government said.
Anita Jha, district and sessions court judge of Bilaspur, has been appointed to probe the killing.
The incident had sparked tension as it was widely believed that the 16-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by the policemen and was shot dead as she had planned to expose them.
The state government had July 12 ordered confinement of 12 local policemen of Chando police station.
Tribals termed the incident a cold-blooded murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!