Ch’garh probe into teenager`s shootout killing
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh government on Tuesday ordered a judicial probe into the alleged staged shootout killing of a teenaged girl by policemen in July.
Meena Khalko, a tribal branded as a Maoist, was killed on July 6 allegedly by several policemen in Surguja district under the jurisdiction of Chando police station.
"The single-member judicial commission will probe the killing and will submit the report within three months to the state government," a statement of the Chhattisgarh government said.
Anita Jha, district and sessions court judge of Bilaspur, has been appointed to probe the killing.
The incident had sparked tension as it was widely believed that the 16-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by the policemen and was shot dead as she had planned to expose them.
The state government had July 12 ordered confinement of 12 local policemen of Chando police station.
Tribals termed the incident a cold-blooded murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row