Ch’garh probe into teenager`s shootout killing
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh government on Tuesday ordered a judicial probe into the alleged staged shootout killing of a teenaged girl by policemen in July.
Meena Khalko, a tribal branded as a Maoist, was killed on July 6 allegedly by several policemen in Surguja district under the jurisdiction of Chando police station.
"The single-member judicial commission will probe the killing and will submit the report within three months to the state government," a statement of the Chhattisgarh government said.
Anita Jha, district and sessions court judge of Bilaspur, has been appointed to probe the killing.
The incident had sparked tension as it was widely believed that the 16-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by the policemen and was shot dead as she had planned to expose them.
The state government had July 12 ordered confinement of 12 local policemen of Chando police station.
Tribals termed the incident a cold-blooded murder.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed