Chhatisgarh recovers Rs 2 cr as fine for illegal mining
Raipur: Chhattisgarh government has
collected over Rs 2 crore in fine in over 2,800 cases of
illegal mining and ore transportation in the last two years.
Official sources here said that there were 2,886 such
Fine of Rs 65,29,000 was collected in 465 cases of
illegal mining in the last two years, while Rs 36,71,000 were
collected in 2421 cases of illegal transport of ore.
Flying squads, which have been set up to tackle
illegal mining, found the highest number of cases of illegal
transportation -- 353 -- in Janjgir-Chapa district. Highest
number of cases of illegal mining -- 93 -- were found in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months