Chhatisgarh recovers Rs 2 cr as fine for illegal mining
Raipur: Chhattisgarh government has
collected over Rs 2 crore in fine in over 2,800 cases of
illegal mining and ore transportation in the last two years.
Official sources here said that there were 2,886 such
Fine of Rs 65,29,000 was collected in 465 cases of
illegal mining in the last two years, while Rs 36,71,000 were
collected in 2421 cases of illegal transport of ore.
Flying squads, which have been set up to tackle
illegal mining, found the highest number of cases of illegal
transportation -- 353 -- in Janjgir-Chapa district. Highest
number of cases of illegal mining -- 93 -- were found in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida