Chhatisgarh recovers Rs 2 cr as fine for illegal mining
Raipur: Chhattisgarh government has
collected over Rs 2 crore in fine in over 2,800 cases of
illegal mining and ore transportation in the last two years.
Official sources here said that there were 2,886 such
Fine of Rs 65,29,000 was collected in 465 cases of
illegal mining in the last two years, while Rs 36,71,000 were
collected in 2421 cases of illegal transport of ore.
Flying squads, which have been set up to tackle
illegal mining, found the highest number of cases of illegal
transportation -- 353 -- in Janjgir-Chapa district. Highest
number of cases of illegal mining -- 93 -- were found in
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive