Chhatisgarh safe for tourists: Tourism Board
Kolkata: Although the state is plagued by Maoist violence, the ultras "never" disturb tourists, Chhatisgarh Tourism Board said on Saturday.
"There is a notion among the people that there are Maoists which make the state unsafe for tourists. But let me tell you that the fact is it is not like that. No Naxalite is interested in tourists and so there is no reason to be afraid of them," P Sen Bhowmick, general manager of Chhatisgarh Tourism Board said at the Travel and Tourism Fair (TTF) here.
The ultras are only concerned with striking at government officials and police, he said while assuring tourists that the state is as safe as any other place can be.
"Tourism (in Chhatisgarh) is not affected at all. Besides, we have enough police, security officials and tourist department officials to take care of visitors," Bhowmick said.
Since the state has 44 per cent of its area under forest, it has immense potential for tribal, medical and adventure sports tourism respectively, he said.
To attract tourists, the Tourism Board is focusing on the tribal state`s lush green forest, exotic wildlife, water falls, caves, rock paintings, tribal villages, ancient monuments, temples, Buddhists sites and heritage palaces, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video