Chhattisgarh: 10 of family killed in road mishap
Raipur: Ten persons were killed as a truck carrying a marriage party fell off a bridge in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh, police said here Friday.
The truck was loaded with iron ore and 27 members of a marriage party were seated atop the ore heap when the vehicle ran into a tractor coming from the opposite direction on the bridge at Garka village, last evening.
The truck driver lost control and it went off the bridge, said district police officials.
Seven of the marriage party died on the spot, while three others died in hospital. Nine of the injured were being treated at a hospital in Keshkal, officials added.
The truck was proceeding from Jagdalpur to Raipur.
Chief Minister Raman Singh today declared an ex-gratia grant of Rs one lakh each for the families of the deceased and Rs 25,000 to each of the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah