Chhattisgarh: 10 of family killed in road mishap
Raipur: Ten persons were killed as a truck carrying a marriage party fell off a bridge in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh, police said here Friday.
The truck was loaded with iron ore and 27 members of a marriage party were seated atop the ore heap when the vehicle ran into a tractor coming from the opposite direction on the bridge at Garka village, last evening.
The truck driver lost control and it went off the bridge, said district police officials.
Seven of the marriage party died on the spot, while three others died in hospital. Nine of the injured were being treated at a hospital in Keshkal, officials added.
The truck was proceeding from Jagdalpur to Raipur.
Chief Minister Raman Singh today declared an ex-gratia grant of Rs one lakh each for the families of the deceased and Rs 25,000 to each of the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP