Chhattisgarh: 10 of family killed in road mishap
Raipur: Ten persons were killed as a truck carrying a marriage party fell off a bridge in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh, police said here Friday.
The truck was loaded with iron ore and 27 members of a marriage party were seated atop the ore heap when the vehicle ran into a tractor coming from the opposite direction on the bridge at Garka village, last evening.
The truck driver lost control and it went off the bridge, said district police officials.
Seven of the marriage party died on the spot, while three others died in hospital. Nine of the injured were being treated at a hospital in Keshkal, officials added.
The truck was proceeding from Jagdalpur to Raipur.
Chief Minister Raman Singh today declared an ex-gratia grant of Rs one lakh each for the families of the deceased and Rs 25,000 to each of the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town