Chhattisgarh: 100 kg explosives seized from Maoist
Raipur: About 100 kg of explosives and other material were recovered during raid at a Maoist camp in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh on Thursday, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of Central Reserve Police Force and state police raided two hutments serving as a Maoist camp in the forest area near Neelmadgu village under Farsegarh police station area, Bijapur SSP R K Das told a news agency.
During the raid, 100 kg explosives, 150 detonators, wires, tools for repairing weapons, some cartridges and a large number of rexine bags were recovered, Das said.
The explosives were destroyed by the police team in the forest itself, he said.
The ultras had fled the camp by the time police reached there, he said adding that a campaign has been launched to nab them.
The CRPF and state police had been conducting a joint anti-naxal operation in the Farsegarh area of the state for the last three days, the SSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read