Chhattisgarh: 11 policemen killed in Naxal attack
Raipur: At least 11 policemen were on Friday reportedly killed in an attack by Naxals in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district, officials said.
A police team was ambushed by the Maoists in Metlaperu village forests under Bhadrakali police station area in the district this evening.
Eleven policemen were reportedly killed in the attack, Additional Director General (Naxal operation) Ramnivas said.
Two teams of security personnel were sent for patrolling from Bhadrakali and Bhopalpatnam police stations. One of the them comprised CRPF and district police personnel, while the other team consisted of Chhattisgarh Armed Police members,
The Chhattisgarh Armed Police squad came under heavy fire from the Naxals in Metlaperu jungles. Three jawans were also reportedly injured in the attack, the ADG said, adding that additional security force has been dispatched to the site.
Exact casualties will be known only when the additional policemen arrive at the ambush spot, Ramnivas said.
A helicopter has been requisitioned to evacuate the injured, the senior official stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?
- This is how you can try contouring at home! Watch video
- Here's how Modi govt plans to bring back Kohinoor from UK
- Lindsay Lohan's dad confirms it's 'baby on board' for her
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August