Chhattisgarh: 2 policemen injured in naxal firing
Raipur: Two policemen were injured in a
Naxal firing in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district on Monday night,
The outlaws shot two policemen who were on their way to
guard a Salwa Judum camp, injuring them critically, under
Konta police station, Additional Director General (Naxal
operation) Ram Nivas said.
When other policemen came out of the police station after
hearing the gun-shots, the Naxals opened fire at the police
station, to which the former retaliated, Ram Nivas said.
After exchanging fire for a while, the Maoists fled from
The injured policemen have been admitted to a hospital in
Bhadrachalam district in neighboring Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, BJP gains lead in Pune; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar