Chhattisgarh: 2 policemen injured in naxal firing
Raipur: Two policemen were injured in a
Naxal firing in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district on Monday night,
The outlaws shot two policemen who were on their way to
guard a Salwa Judum camp, injuring them critically, under
Konta police station, Additional Director General (Naxal
operation) Ram Nivas said.
When other policemen came out of the police station after
hearing the gun-shots, the Naxals opened fire at the police
station, to which the former retaliated, Ram Nivas said.
After exchanging fire for a while, the Maoists fled from
The injured policemen have been admitted to a hospital in
Bhadrachalam district in neighboring Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!