Chhattisgarh: 2 policemen killed in landmine blast
Raipur: At least two policemen were killed in
a landmine blast allegedly carried out by Naxals in Sukma
district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Thursday.
ADG (Naxal operations), Ramnivas told PTI that the
incident took place in Polampalli area.
The policemen were travelling in a Sumo which became the
target of the blast. While Constable Surya Kartam and police
driver Suryaprakash Sonvani were killed, two others -- Nanda
Sinh and Rajaram -- were injured.
Ramnivas said a police team was being led by ASP Darshan
Singh Maravi. The blast took place three km off Polampalli,
when the team was returning to Doranpal.
Suspected Naxals also fired on police after the blast,
and police retaliated, he said, adding ASP Maravi had not yet
Additional forces have been sent to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16