Chhattisgarh: 2 policemen killed in landmine blast
Raipur: At least two policemen were killed in
a landmine blast allegedly carried out by Naxals in Sukma
district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Thursday.
ADG (Naxal operations), Ramnivas told PTI that the
incident took place in Polampalli area.
The policemen were travelling in a Sumo which became the
target of the blast. While Constable Surya Kartam and police
driver Suryaprakash Sonvani were killed, two others -- Nanda
Sinh and Rajaram -- were injured.
Ramnivas said a police team was being led by ASP Darshan
Singh Maravi. The blast took place three km off Polampalli,
when the team was returning to Doranpal.
Suspected Naxals also fired on police after the blast,
and police retaliated, he said, adding ASP Maravi had not yet
Additional forces have been sent to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list