Chhattisgarh: 2 policemen killed in landmine blast
Raipur: At least two policemen were killed in
a landmine blast allegedly carried out by Naxals in Sukma
district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Thursday.
ADG (Naxal operations), Ramnivas told PTI that the
incident took place in Polampalli area.
The policemen were travelling in a Sumo which became the
target of the blast. While Constable Surya Kartam and police
driver Suryaprakash Sonvani were killed, two others -- Nanda
Sinh and Rajaram -- were injured.
Ramnivas said a police team was being led by ASP Darshan
Singh Maravi. The blast took place three km off Polampalli,
when the team was returning to Doranpal.
Suspected Naxals also fired on police after the blast,
and police retaliated, he said, adding ASP Maravi had not yet
Additional forces have been sent to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30