Chhattisgarh: 3 CRPF jawans killed by Naxals
Raipur: At least three Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) troopers were killed and several injured Saturday in the third Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh in two days, police said.
The attack site at Bhejji, about 500 km from Raipur, is in Dantewada district, Director General of Police (DGP) Vishwa Ranjan said. A chopper has been sent from Dantewada town to the attack site to airlift injured CRPF men.
Maoists attacked the CRPF men when they were inspecting a jungle site for a base camp at Bhejji for a possible relocation as the Supreme Court has ordered security personnel to vacate school buildings, police said.
The casualty figures may rise, said Ranjan who is already in Bastar region after a deadly attack on the police force Thursday midnight.
Maoists had carried out double attacks in the Bastar region June 9. Five policemen were gunned down in Narayanpur district June 9 morning. They struck again, killing 10 policemen around midnight in Dantewada district.
Maoist attacks in Chhattisgarh have surged in the past weeks as rebels killed nine policemen in an ambush May 23 on the Chhattisgarh-Orissa border along Raipur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad