Chhattisgarh: 3 CRPF jawans killed by Naxals
Raipur: At least three Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) troopers were killed and several injured Saturday in the third Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh in two days, police said.
The attack site at Bhejji, about 500 km from Raipur, is in Dantewada district, Director General of Police (DGP) Vishwa Ranjan said. A chopper has been sent from Dantewada town to the attack site to airlift injured CRPF men.
Maoists attacked the CRPF men when they were inspecting a jungle site for a base camp at Bhejji for a possible relocation as the Supreme Court has ordered security personnel to vacate school buildings, police said.
The casualty figures may rise, said Ranjan who is already in Bastar region after a deadly attack on the police force Thursday midnight.
Maoists had carried out double attacks in the Bastar region June 9. Five policemen were gunned down in Narayanpur district June 9 morning. They struck again, killing 10 policemen around midnight in Dantewada district.
Maoist attacks in Chhattisgarh have surged in the past weeks as rebels killed nine policemen in an ambush May 23 on the Chhattisgarh-Orissa border along Raipur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS