Chhattisgarh: 7 vehicles engaged in road construction set afire by Naxals
Rajnandgaon: Naxals set ablaze seven vehicles engaged in road construction work near here in Chhattisgarh, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place last night near village Temri under Gatapar police station area, District Superintendent of Police Sanjiv Shukla said.
The vehicles, including a tractor, a tipper truck and a JCB machine, had been parked at the construction site where no work was taking place due to heavy rains, he said.
A group of Maoists arrived at the spot and locked two drivers present there in a room. They then set afire the vehicles, hired by a private road contractor, after pouring diesel on them, Shukla said.
The tractor and tipper truck were reduced to ashes while others were badly damaged, the SP said.
The Naxals disappeared in a nearby jungle and a search has been launched for them, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH