Chhattisgarh among fastest developing states: Mukherjee
Raipur: Asserting that Chhattisgarh has emerged as one of the fastest developing states in the country, President Pranab Mukherjee hoped that the State will continue to live up to the expectations of the nation and march ahead by attending to the needs of all sections of its people especially the poorest of the poor.
Speaking at the closing ceremony of the Rajyotsav Celebrations of Government of Chhattisgarh here yesterday, Mukherjee said that this young State has registered all round development on many fronts and made its presence felt at the national level.
Chhattisgarh was formed on November 1, 2000. It was earlier a part of Madhya Pradesh.
Mukherjee also praised Chhattisgarh`s new administrative capital Naya Raipur and complimented the state leadership for its vision and commitment to sustainable development.
"Naya Raipur is the first planned capital city of 21st century in India which is being developed as a modern and green city and special features such as rain water harvesting and harvesting of solar energy have been included to make it eco-friendly," he said. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing