Chhattisgarh among fastest developing states: Mukherjee
Raipur: Asserting that Chhattisgarh has emerged as one of the fastest developing states in the country, President Pranab Mukherjee hoped that the State will continue to live up to the expectations of the nation and march ahead by attending to the needs of all sections of its people especially the poorest of the poor.
Speaking at the closing ceremony of the Rajyotsav Celebrations of Government of Chhattisgarh here yesterday, Mukherjee said that this young State has registered all round development on many fronts and made its presence felt at the national level.
Chhattisgarh was formed on November 1, 2000. It was earlier a part of Madhya Pradesh.
Mukherjee also praised Chhattisgarh`s new administrative capital Naya Raipur and complimented the state leadership for its vision and commitment to sustainable development.
"Naya Raipur is the first planned capital city of 21st century in India which is being developed as a modern and green city and special features such as rain water harvesting and harvesting of solar energy have been included to make it eco-friendly," he said. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump