Chhattisgarh among fastest developing states: Mukherjee
Raipur: Asserting that Chhattisgarh has emerged as one of the fastest developing states in the country, President Pranab Mukherjee hoped that the State will continue to live up to the expectations of the nation and march ahead by attending to the needs of all sections of its people especially the poorest of the poor.
Speaking at the closing ceremony of the Rajyotsav Celebrations of Government of Chhattisgarh here yesterday, Mukherjee said that this young State has registered all round development on many fronts and made its presence felt at the national level.
Chhattisgarh was formed on November 1, 2000. It was earlier a part of Madhya Pradesh.
Mukherjee also praised Chhattisgarh`s new administrative capital Naya Raipur and complimented the state leadership for its vision and commitment to sustainable development.
"Naya Raipur is the first planned capital city of 21st century in India which is being developed as a modern and green city and special features such as rain water harvesting and harvesting of solar energy have been included to make it eco-friendly," he said. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months