Chhattisgarh among fastest developing states: Mukherjee
Raipur: Asserting that Chhattisgarh has emerged as one of the fastest developing states in the country, President Pranab Mukherjee hoped that the State will continue to live up to the expectations of the nation and march ahead by attending to the needs of all sections of its people especially the poorest of the poor.
Speaking at the closing ceremony of the Rajyotsav Celebrations of Government of Chhattisgarh here yesterday, Mukherjee said that this young State has registered all round development on many fronts and made its presence felt at the national level.
Chhattisgarh was formed on November 1, 2000. It was earlier a part of Madhya Pradesh.
Mukherjee also praised Chhattisgarh`s new administrative capital Naya Raipur and complimented the state leadership for its vision and commitment to sustainable development.
"Naya Raipur is the first planned capital city of 21st century in India which is being developed as a modern and green city and special features such as rain water harvesting and harvesting of solar energy have been included to make it eco-friendly," he said. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works
- Do you know traffic jams can make your body susceptible to cancer? - Read
- Taliban fighters overrun district in eastern Afghanistan
- Sports recap: Five stories that grabbed the headlines this week