Chhattisgarh assembly polls 2013: Congress releases manifesto; focuses on farmers, poor
Raipur: Provision of free rice of 35 kg a month, free power supply to peasants, Rs 2,000 per quintal procurement price for paddy are among the highlights of the farmer-friendly Congress manifesto for the Chhattisgarh assembly elections.
AICC treasurer and Rajya Sabha MP Motilal Vora released the manifesto at the party headquarters in the presence of senior leaders here today.
The manifesto said that farmers will be provided Rs 2000 per quintal for their paddy and of the total payment Rs 500 will be paid to woman members of their family.
Provision of free rice of 35 kg a month to below poverty line and above poverty line families (exempting the income tax payee) has been mentioned. Besides, farmers have also been assured free power supply for 5 hp pumps.
The party in its manifesto has also stressed on formulation of a policy based on "winning confidence" of the tribals to take on left wing extremism in the state.
Establishing confidence in the scheduled tribe region will be on priority of the party if it comes into power, it added.
The manifesto also promised development of the Jeeram Ghati (Bastar) where senior Congres leaders were killed in May 25 attack, as martyrs` site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'