Chhattisgarh assembly session ends
Raipur: The monsoon session of the Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly ended here today. Speaker Gaurishankar Agrawal Kaushik adjourned the House sine die here this evening.
The monsoon session had a total of five sittings from July 21 till 25, during which 759 questions were asked and 54 call attention motion notices were given, Agrawal said.
During his concluding remarks, he said, "Generally, the Opposition brings no confidence motion against the ruling government, but this time, it presented the notice on no confidence motion against the Speaker which wasn`t considerable under the constitutional provisions and eventually was lapsed."
"How far it is appropriate to make the post of Speaker a target of political activities? It is a question to think. Should the post of Speaker not be kept above the party lines? I leave this at the discretion of the members to think," Agrawal said.
The Speaker informed that the winter session of the assembly is likely to begin in the third week of November this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics