Chhattisgarh assembly session ends
Raipur: The monsoon session of the Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly ended here today. Speaker Gaurishankar Agrawal Kaushik adjourned the House sine die here this evening.
The monsoon session had a total of five sittings from July 21 till 25, during which 759 questions were asked and 54 call attention motion notices were given, Agrawal said.
During his concluding remarks, he said, "Generally, the Opposition brings no confidence motion against the ruling government, but this time, it presented the notice on no confidence motion against the Speaker which wasn`t considerable under the constitutional provisions and eventually was lapsed."
"How far it is appropriate to make the post of Speaker a target of political activities? It is a question to think. Should the post of Speaker not be kept above the party lines? I leave this at the discretion of the members to think," Agrawal said.
The Speaker informed that the winter session of the assembly is likely to begin in the third week of November this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt