Chhattisgarh BJP MLA accused of rape, woman found dead
Zee Media Bureau
Bilaspur: Former health minister and BJP MLA from Chhattisgarh Krishnamurti Bandhi has been accused of rape, as per reports.
Complaint was levelled by a woman who was later found burnt in mysterious circumstances inside the premises of former judge, RR Bhardwaj. Bhardwaj is said to be Bandhi`s aide. Bandhi is candidate from Masturi in Bilaspur district in the state Assembly elections, where voting is due on November 11.
The women apparently told the mediapersons that Bhardwaj first raped her and then introduced her to Bandhi. She also alleged that the BJP leader had forced her to have relationships with many people for the past three years. She registered a complaint at the city Kotwali police station. Hours later she succumbed to her burn injuries.
The retired judge and his son have been arrested in connection with the case. It is said that Bhardwaj had taken the woman to his residence after she had registered the complaint. Meanwhile, Bandhi has said that it was a political conspiracy against him by the Congress party and he was not aware of who the woman was and what allegations she has levelled.
The police are investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie