Chhattisgarh BJP to give candidates` list to high command on March 10
Raipur/Bilaspur: The ruling BJP in Chhattisgarh has finalised the list of its candidates for Lok Sabha Elections and will submit it to the party`s central election committee in New Delhi on March 10.
The panel of the names of contestants from Chhattisgarh will be presented during the national election committee meeting on March 10 and party high command will take a final call on it, Chief Minister Raman Singh said today.
Expressing confidence of victory in all 11 parliamentary constituencies of the state going to polls next month, Singh said, "People of the state ensured win for the party in Assembly Elections, which was a semi-final."
"Now, they will help us to register a thumping victory in the final - Lok Sabha polls - to establish Narendra Modi`s government at the Centre," he said.
"Congress` slogan is Congress ka haath janta ke saath (hand of the Congress is with people), but contrary to this escalating prices are worrying the people," Singh pointed out.
"Looking at the huge support of people across the nation, it is evident that BJP will form government at the Centre with full majority," he claimed.
Notably, in 2009 Lok Sabha Elections, 10 seats were won by BJP while Congress had managed to secure only one.
This time again, the key contest will be between ruling BJP and Opposition Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video