Chhattisgarh BJP to give candidates` list to high command on March 10
Raipur/Bilaspur: The ruling BJP in Chhattisgarh has finalised the list of its candidates for Lok Sabha Elections and will submit it to the party`s central election committee in New Delhi on March 10.
The panel of the names of contestants from Chhattisgarh will be presented during the national election committee meeting on March 10 and party high command will take a final call on it, Chief Minister Raman Singh said today.
Expressing confidence of victory in all 11 parliamentary constituencies of the state going to polls next month, Singh said, "People of the state ensured win for the party in Assembly Elections, which was a semi-final."
"Now, they will help us to register a thumping victory in the final - Lok Sabha polls - to establish Narendra Modi`s government at the Centre," he said.
"Congress` slogan is Congress ka haath janta ke saath (hand of the Congress is with people), but contrary to this escalating prices are worrying the people," Singh pointed out.
"Looking at the huge support of people across the nation, it is evident that BJP will form government at the Centre with full majority," he claimed.
Notably, in 2009 Lok Sabha Elections, 10 seats were won by BJP while Congress had managed to secure only one.
This time again, the key contest will be between ruling BJP and Opposition Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!