Chhattisgarh: BSF jawan commits suicide
Raipur: A BSF jawan deployed for anti-naxal
operations in Chhattisgarh allegedly committed suicide by
shooting himself with his service weapon in Kanker district.
The jawan, Balraj Singh (30), was deployed at Gumridhi
outpost of the force in Kanker district and he shot himself in
the evening hours of January 16 in the camp premises, a senior
BSF official said.
Singh was part of the 72nd battalion of the force which
is in the area to replace another unit conducting anti-naxal
"The exact cause of the jawan taking the extreme step is
being probed. However, marital issues seem to be the reason,
as of now," the officer said.
The Border Security Force has deployed about 5,000
personnel (five battalions) in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog