Chhattisgarh carves out nine more districts
Raipur: Nine more districts came into existence in Chhattisgarh on Sunday, taking the total number to 27, Chief Minister Raman Singh said.
The new districts, a new year gift to people, were carved out to speed up the pace of development, Singh said while talking to reporters here.
The new districts are Sukma, Kondagaon, Balod, Bemetara, Baloda Bazar, Gariaband, Mungeli, Surajpur and Balrampur.
Sukma district has been carved out of the state`s worst Maoist affected Dantewada district and Kondagaon from the insurgency-hit Bastar district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event