Chhattisgarh carves out nine more districts
Raipur: Nine more districts came into existence in Chhattisgarh on Sunday, taking the total number to 27, Chief Minister Raman Singh said.
The new districts, a new year gift to people, were carved out to speed up the pace of development, Singh said while talking to reporters here.
The new districts are Sukma, Kondagaon, Balod, Bemetara, Baloda Bazar, Gariaband, Mungeli, Surajpur and Balrampur.
Sukma district has been carved out of the state`s worst Maoist affected Dantewada district and Kondagaon from the insurgency-hit Bastar district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster