Chhattisgarh CM discusses tackling of Naxal problem
Raipur: A month after the brutal attack on Congress leaders, Chhattisgarh government on Tuesday held a meeting of the unified command to discuss anti-Naxal operations, besides strategies to ensure safety of people living in the affected areas.
During the meeting, Chief Minister Raman Singh asked the authorities to speed up implementation of various welfare programmes being run for the betterment of people living in Naxal-hit regions, an official said.
"He (Raman) also asked to develop different strategies to provide security to people," he added.
Senior state government officials also attended the meeting along with representatives of security forces.
Singh said the government is focusing on development and expansion of health and education facilities in tribal-dominated South Chhattisgarh, besides intensifying the anti-malnutrition drive there, the official said.
Need for better coordination among different government bodies and security agencies for the effective implementation of welfare schemes was also stressed upon.
Elaborating several government schemes, the Chief Minister informed that livelihood colleges were established in Dantewada, Bijapur and Sukma regions of Bastar to provide skill development training to tribal youths.
Proper use of funds received under IAP (Integrated Action Plan) and BRGF (Backward Region Grant Fund) to catalyse the development in Bastar zone was also briefly discussed.
Chief Secretary Sunil Kumar, Principal Secretary, Home NK Aswal, DGP Ramniwas, Special DG (CRPF) Aruna Bahuguna and top officials of Border Security Force (BSF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) also attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you