Chhattisgarh CM, Governor visit arson-hit village in Dantewada
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman
Singh and Governor Sekhar Dutt on Saturday visited arson-hit
Tadmetla village in Dantewada district and announced relief
measures for the affected tribals.
There were also reports of misbehaviour with women in
the village following an encounter between the Naxals and
security personnel on March 14.
Home Minister Nankiram Kanwar accompanied the CM and
the Governor during the visit to the village in the Naxal-hit
Dantewada, official sources said.
They met the affected families and assured all
possible assistance from the administration, they said.
On the occasion, Singh announced appointment of two
youths from the affected families as schoolteachers. Another
youth was named Panchayat Secretary, while a woman was
appointed Anganwadi (Government-run child and woman welfare
centre) worker, the sources said.
The CM asked officials to immediately issue new BPL
ration cards to 96 families who lost their documents in the
arson, they said.
The Governor stated that the Government was
sympathetic to the plight of the arson-hit families and
assured them of humanitarian assistance, the sources said.
The CM said his Government has already announced a
judicial probe into the incidents at Tadmetla.
Locals had alleged involvement of policemen in the
arson, a charge denied by the latter. Main Opposition Congress
had raised the issue in the State Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof