Chhattisgarh CM, Governor visit arson-hit village in Dantewada
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman
Singh and Governor Sekhar Dutt on Saturday visited arson-hit
Tadmetla village in Dantewada district and announced relief
measures for the affected tribals.
There were also reports of misbehaviour with women in
the village following an encounter between the Naxals and
security personnel on March 14.
Home Minister Nankiram Kanwar accompanied the CM and
the Governor during the visit to the village in the Naxal-hit
Dantewada, official sources said.
They met the affected families and assured all
possible assistance from the administration, they said.
On the occasion, Singh announced appointment of two
youths from the affected families as schoolteachers. Another
youth was named Panchayat Secretary, while a woman was
appointed Anganwadi (Government-run child and woman welfare
centre) worker, the sources said.
The CM asked officials to immediately issue new BPL
ration cards to 96 families who lost their documents in the
arson, they said.
The Governor stated that the Government was
sympathetic to the plight of the arson-hit families and
assured them of humanitarian assistance, the sources said.
The CM said his Government has already announced a
judicial probe into the incidents at Tadmetla.
Locals had alleged involvement of policemen in the
arson, a charge denied by the latter. Main Opposition Congress
had raised the issue in the State Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday