Chhattisgarh CM, Governor visit arson-hit village in Dantewada
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman
Singh and Governor Sekhar Dutt on Saturday visited arson-hit
Tadmetla village in Dantewada district and announced relief
measures for the affected tribals.
There were also reports of misbehaviour with women in
the village following an encounter between the Naxals and
security personnel on March 14.
Home Minister Nankiram Kanwar accompanied the CM and
the Governor during the visit to the village in the Naxal-hit
Dantewada, official sources said.
They met the affected families and assured all
possible assistance from the administration, they said.
On the occasion, Singh announced appointment of two
youths from the affected families as schoolteachers. Another
youth was named Panchayat Secretary, while a woman was
appointed Anganwadi (Government-run child and woman welfare
centre) worker, the sources said.
The CM asked officials to immediately issue new BPL
ration cards to 96 families who lost their documents in the
arson, they said.
The Governor stated that the Government was
sympathetic to the plight of the arson-hit families and
assured them of humanitarian assistance, the sources said.
The CM said his Government has already announced a
judicial probe into the incidents at Tadmetla.
Locals had alleged involvement of policemen in the
arson, a charge denied by the latter. Main Opposition Congress
had raised the issue in the State Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India