Chhattisgarh CM, Guv condemn attack on SSB jawans
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Governor Shekhar Dutt
and Chief Minister Raman Singh on Saturday condemned the Naxal
attack in Dantewada district that left three security
Dutt, in a message, said the incident showed that Naxals
were frustrated. Such acts undermined the development of the
region, he said, paying homage to the Sashastra Seema Bal
(SSB) jawans who were killed in the incident.
Chief Minister Raman Singh called the attack "cowardly"
Expressing grief over the deaths, he said jawans`
"martyrdom" would not go to waste and the state would be soon
rid of Naxalism.
Three SSB jawans were killed and another injured when a
mini-truck carrying them was blown up in a landmine explosion
in Bastanar area yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'