Chhattisgarh CM, Guv condemn attack on SSB jawans
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Governor Shekhar Dutt
and Chief Minister Raman Singh on Saturday condemned the Naxal
attack in Dantewada district that left three security
Dutt, in a message, said the incident showed that Naxals
were frustrated. Such acts undermined the development of the
region, he said, paying homage to the Sashastra Seema Bal
(SSB) jawans who were killed in the incident.
Chief Minister Raman Singh called the attack "cowardly"
Expressing grief over the deaths, he said jawans`
"martyrdom" would not go to waste and the state would be soon
rid of Naxalism.
Three SSB jawans were killed and another injured when a
mini-truck carrying them was blown up in a landmine explosion
in Bastanar area yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing