Chhattisgarh CM slams Prashant Bhushan`s statement on Maoists
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Monday slammed AAP leader Prashant Bhushan for his remarks on referendum on deployment of forces in Maoist-hit areas and said he should ask naxals to stop violence instead of making such statements.
"Prashant Bhushan should ask Maoists to give up bullets and adopt the ballot," Singh told reporters here.
"If they (Maoist) have faith in the people, than why they don`t take part in the electoral process and reach the Parliament," Singh said.
He also advised Bhushan to ask Maoists to join the electoral process and reminded him that bullets do not yield any results in a democracy.
"He (Bhushan) should ask Maoists to participate in the electoral process. He is a very big lawyer and an intellectual. Nothing can be achieved with bullets in a democracy," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars