Chhattisgarh CM to get NSG security
Gurgaon: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh would soon be guarded by the elite `black cat` commandos of the NSG in view of a security risk from Maoist cadres in the insurgency affected state.
Singh, who is at present guarded by a special police squad, would be provided round-the-clock mobile security cover by the NSG within the state and outside.
NSG Chief Arvind Ranjan said formal orders in this regard would be made by the Union Home Ministry.
Singh would be the 18th protectee of the elite commando squad after Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was late last year brought under the security cover of the NSG.
Sources said the Punjab Deputy CM could also be accorded the same security cover.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan