Chhattisgarh CM to get NSG security
Gurgaon: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh would soon be guarded by the elite `black cat` commandos of the NSG in view of a security risk from Maoist cadres in the insurgency affected state.
Singh, who is at present guarded by a special police squad, would be provided round-the-clock mobile security cover by the NSG within the state and outside.
NSG Chief Arvind Ranjan said formal orders in this regard would be made by the Union Home Ministry.
Singh would be the 18th protectee of the elite commando squad after Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was late last year brought under the security cover of the NSG.
Sources said the Punjab Deputy CM could also be accorded the same security cover.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured