Chhattisgarh CM to get NSG security
Gurgaon: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh would soon be guarded by the elite `black cat` commandos of the NSG in view of a security risk from Maoist cadres in the insurgency affected state.
Singh, who is at present guarded by a special police squad, would be provided round-the-clock mobile security cover by the NSG within the state and outside.
NSG Chief Arvind Ranjan said formal orders in this regard would be made by the Union Home Ministry.
Singh would be the 18th protectee of the elite commando squad after Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was late last year brought under the security cover of the NSG.
Sources said the Punjab Deputy CM could also be accorded the same security cover.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog