Chhattisgarh CM to get NSG security
Gurgaon: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh would soon be guarded by the elite `black cat` commandos of the NSG in view of a security risk from Maoist cadres in the insurgency affected state.
Singh, who is at present guarded by a special police squad, would be provided round-the-clock mobile security cover by the NSG within the state and outside.
NSG Chief Arvind Ranjan said formal orders in this regard would be made by the Union Home Ministry.
Singh would be the 18th protectee of the elite commando squad after Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was late last year brought under the security cover of the NSG.
Sources said the Punjab Deputy CM could also be accorded the same security cover.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef